Costa Rica

Costa Rica

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Just a few more hours ...

Even though I am currently enjoying the comfortable warmth of the hot springs at the resort, I kind of wish we could have stayed at La Cuenca for one more day. Just a few more hours of playing games with the little children, seeing them light up when you open your arms, ready for a hug. I never imagined it was possible for a child to enjoy sitting on my shoulders as much as they did. We would step on top of a little ledge, raise our arms together, and suddenly they were the tallest person around. I have massive respect for Hugo, who credits all his work to God. The way the kids would run towards him laughing, ready for a loving embrace. Maria Elena, one of the families mothers to whom we brought food was crying tears of joy and looked at Hugo saying "Oh Hugo, the things you do for me" and once again, he assured her that it was all God's work. The graciousness in so many of the people in this country has not stopped to amaze me, and I will try my best to replicate their love for sharing.

Julius Peter




No comments:

Post a Comment