Costa Rica

Costa Rica

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Who is Serving Who?

So here's the thing; I thought that you went on a mission trip to spread the word and change others' lives, right? Well that's what I thought, but turns out it's the polar opposite of that. You might change their lives as much as they've changed yours if you're lucky...to say the least. Who knew showing up in a third world country, barely knowing the language, would end up changing my life forever.

Yesterday happened to be one of the best days of the trip so far. It made me realize that if I could just have half the happiness the Costa Ricans do, I'd be doing well. They have so little, yet offer EVERYTHING they have. My host family is really who touched my heart yesterday. Despite the language barrier that we sort of pushed through, we ended up bonding. I can honestly say their hospitality exceeds the south's. Marie, Delayne, Lauren, and I presented them with goodbye gifts then they suggested we all pray together. Their prayer was possibly the most moving prayer I've ever heard. Holding hands all together I could just feel the Holy Spirit running through them. We were all star-struck despite the fact that they prayed in Spanish. I knew that they were going to miss us so much as well as we'd miss them.


Gracie Floyd




No comments:

Post a Comment