Costa Rica

Costa Rica

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Love your brother as yourself



Through this trip I have fully comprehended the meaning of verses like "love your brother as yourself" that we read so flippantly, comprehending only the surface of the Scripture.  My host families showed me generosity beyond anything I have ever experienced.  They gave the best that they had and went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable and well taken care of.  Within the short extent of my time, they came to love me like their own child.  The love they showed me and the love I have them will not easily be forgotten.

I will also never forget the pain I felt giving out food in La Cuenca.  I had a burning desire to do more to help the people stuck in those conditions.  The weight of this experience will always be on my heart and in my prayers and will continue to remind me that no matter the circumstances, God will never leave me or forsake me.

Lauren Alsborg

No comments:

Post a Comment