Costa Rica

Costa Rica

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Innocent Souls of Costa Rica



What I experienced on this trip has been like nothing I have experienced before.  I saw some of the most beautiful sights of God's creation, like the luscious trees and vibrantly colored flowers.  But I also saw some of the most heartbreaking sights I have ever witnessed.  The children that we played with were obviously different from American children.  Some had scrapes and cuts all over them and no way to care for them.  When they saw a simple water bottle sitting on the counter, they were fighting over who go to drink out of it.  Looking around, they were living in small, dirty shacks that consist of one or two small rooms.  Their environment had nothing positive about it.  Yet their attitudes had nothing negative about them.  These children were some of the happiest kids I have ever seen.  They were elated when they saw all of us there ready to play with them, and just sitting there with us and playing with our hair, I'm sure was such a highlight for them.  Even though we couldn't communicate every word because of the language barrier, we still communicated simply through laughter and smiles.  The memories I have of these beautiful children I know I won't soon forget, and I will remember to pray that God blesses and protects these innocent souls as they deserve so much more than they have.

Marie Farmer


No comments:

Post a Comment